October 28, 2007: Batteries Not Included
I have a new favorite toy! Today, daddy assembled my Evenflo ExerSaucer Triple Fun Active Learning Center. There were so many pieces in the box that I thought he would never finish. When he was done, he put me in the seat and I had loads of fun. I sat in the middle and played with all the different toys. Some of the toys talk, play music and light up. I hope daddy buys more batteries soon!

Mommy and daddy took me to pick out a Halloween pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. There were big ones and small ones, so we got one of each. Mommy dressed me in my pumpkin outfit that I got from grandma so I fit right in.

Hat Trick
What a busy day. After pumpkin shopping, I went to watch daddy play ice hockey. He hasn’t played since last November. It’s been almost a year since he hurt his foot playing soccer and he says it’s been just as long since he’s had any exercise. He played well and his team won.

October 21, 2007: Party Animal
Daddy says that I’m such a social baby. Today, I had two birthday parties to go to. First, we went to celebrate grandpa Stanley’s birthday, which was three days ago. Uncle Paul and “future-aunt” Marcie were there too. Everyone ate lots of food and I got to help grandpa Stanley blow out the candle on the cake. Daddy said that there was only one candle because if there were 55, there would be a big fire. Next on the day’s agenda was Ivy’s second birthday party. There were lots of kids, but I was the only baby, so I got all the attention. After we ate, mommy and daddy took my on a walk through the Lake Katherine Nature Preserve. The weather was perfect for late October. We saw lots of birds, beautiful colors on the trees, and even a boat that flipped over on the boat launch ramp.

October 15, 2007: Blogger’s Block
Wow, it’s been so long since I’ve written anything here. Mommy and I have been very busy doing real estate work. Today, we went to a closing for one of her clients. It was long and not too much fun. She sold lots of home this month. I hope that means I’ll get lots of new toys, but I think they’re going to save the money to pay for college when I grow up.

September 26, 2007: Tres Meses
It seems like I'm having a birthday every month. Today was my third-month birthday. Grandma and grandpa Stanley came over and brought me lots of gifts. My favorite was the Baby Einstein Color Kaleidoscope Toy. It plays music and speaks the names of colors in different languages – English, French and Spanish. Mommy also bought me lots of new clothes from Old Navy and they were delivered today. Grandpa Andy couldn't come to see me because he's been a little sick and doesn't want to get me sick too. I hope he gets better soon so I can see him again.

September 18, 2007: The Waterpark Capital of the World®
I slept really well last night. The air up here is great. In the morning, daddy tried to take me for a walk in the woods near the cabin, but the mosquitoes were trying to eat him. I was OK because I had a net over my stroller. After our very short walk, we drove to downtown Wisconsin Dells. Grandma and grandpa used to take daddy here when he was little. We went for a stroll on the river walk, had lunch and then went back to the cabin. At the cabin, there's a boat and three ATVs – even a little one almost my size – but I can't ride yet. …Maybe after I learn to sit up by myself. Mommy and daddy ate dinner and after I went to sleep, they watched a movie. This all feels just like home.

September 17, 2007: America's Dairyland
Daddy took the week off from work so he could spend time with mommy and me. We were going to stay home, but they decided to go up to Wisconsin to see their friend Mark's log cabin. We drove for about four hours and finally made it there when it was very dark. The cabin is nice and cozy. I think I'll enjoy the time we spend here.

September 16, 2007: Double Happiness: The double happiness graph (pronounced "shuang-hsi" in Mandarin) is a special Chinese character used for marital happiness.
Eric and Sara's Chinese wedding was today. After last night's incident, the grandparents were afraid to try to sit for me again, so mommy told daddy that it was her turn to go to the wedding and daddy was going to stay with me. Instead, he decided that I should go to the wedding too. I think he was just looking for a way that he could go too. I'm glad I got to go because it was nice. The reception was at the Phoenix Restaurant in Chinatown. My favorite part was the dancing Chinese Lion. Mommy and daddy had a good time too.

September 15, 2007: I Do, I Do
Today was Eric and Sara's wedding. Daddy left early because he was one of the groomsman. Mommy went a little later so she could see the ceremony. Grandma and both grandpas came to baby sit me. This was my first time without either mommy or daddy. I was doing great for about an hour. Then I started to miss mommy and daddy and started crying. My sitters tried very hard to calm me down, but I was worried. I didn't even want to eat. When mommy called after the ceremony to see how I was doing, grandpa told her that I was upset and hadn't stopped crying for almost an hour. He put mommy on speaker phone and I immediately calmed down. Mommy decided that she needed to come home right away to take care of me. I'm glad she did.

September 14, 2007: Practice Makes Perfect
Tonight was Eric and Sara's wedding rehearsal and dinner. Mommy and I went to pick daddy up from work. I got to see his office and meet all his co-workers for the first time. After work, we drove to the church where daddy practiced walking down the aisle and standing in a "V" formation with the rest of the wedding party. Then, we went to Wishbone for dinner. It's right near Oprah's studio, but I think she was in New York this week, so I didn't get to meet her, but I did get to meet lots of other new people.

September 11, 2007: Ouch!
Mommy took me to see Dr. Minkus for my two-month checkup today. He said that he missed me after all the frequent visits I made last month. I am doing great and growing very fast. I am already 24-1/2" tall and weigh almost 14 pounds. The nurse came and gave me three vaccination shots. I got two shots in one thigh – Ouch! Ouch! – and one in the other – Ouch! I only made one little scream for each shot and didn't cry at all. Mommy said she was proud of me and that I was a brave little boy.

September 1, 2007: Another Addition to the Family
Our family is going to grow again. Mommy and daddy told me that uncle Paul got engaged today. That means that Marcie will be my aunt soon. Yaayyy!!! I bet you were thinking that I was going to say I was getting a brother or sister. Congratulations to uncle Paul and Marcie.

August 26, 2007: Another Birthday Already
Wow! How time flies. I had my 2-month birthday today. There wasn't a big celebration like last time. There was no cake and there weren't lots of people. I spent the day with mommy and daddy. Today was also their 7-year wedding anniversary. We went to the forest preserve for a walk and a picnic.

August 19, 2007: Alaska
It was a busy weekend for guests. This morning, mommy's uncle Adam and cousin Basia came over. They brought pictures from their family trip to Alaska. There were glaciers and icebergs and lots of different wild animals. They said they had a great time. They even brought a fish they caught for mommy and daddy.

August 18, 2007: The Cases
Daddy had a busy day. He went to the dentist in the morning and then took the car in to get new tires. When he got home, Terry, Christof and Alexander came over to see me. I made them wait a long time before I came downstairs because I was eating. They brought me a bunch of really great Ralph Lauren outfits and a crinkly book. I can't wait to get all dressed up!

August 16, 2007: I Know Jack
Mommy's friend from her old job, Abby, came over today. She brought her eight-month-old son Jack. He's the first boy baby I've ever met. He's twice my size and can already sit up by himself. Mommy says that I couldn't stop smiling the whole time Jack was here. After mommy and Abby had lunch, we all went on a walk. When daddy got home, he was so happy because he finally sold the Ford Explorer. Maybe now he can buy me more toys!

August 13, 2007: All Better Now
I'm finally feeling better. It's been a rough week. I've had to remain upright most of the time because it was hard to breathe lying down. My eyes are all cleared up and I'm breathing better. Daddy says that I passed my immune system test. I didn't even have to study for it.

August 8, 2007: Cough, Cough
My eyes are feeling much better but now I have also been congested for a couple days and started coughing a little. Mommy and daddy took me to see Dr. Minkus again because they were worried. He checked me out and said that it was nothing serious, just a bad cold. I learned that there's no cure for the cold so I have to just wait until I get better. It's really hard to breathe because I only know how to breathe through my nose and it's all clogged up. It's also hard to eat, so I've been pretty miserable. Mommy helped by putting saline drops in my nose to help it clear up.

August 6, 2007: Ouch!
Mommy took me to the doctor today because my eyes started to hurt. They turned pink and puffy and had a yucky discharge. I didn't want to open them because they hurt. Dr. Minkus said that I had a small infection and he gave mommy drops to put in my eyes.

August 5, 2007: Old School
Mommy and daddy took me to church today. It was my first time. We went to St. Helen's in daddy's old neighborhood. That's where he grew up and went grade school. I only got to see a little bit because I was sleeping through most of the mass. It's a nice church and the pews were very roomy. After church, we went to Eric and Sara's house to meet them for lunch. They have three doggies – Emma, Ernie and Ellie. They're all very small and all black and white. That's good because I can't see colors very well yet anyway. We walked to a restaurant near their house. It was really hot and humid outside and daddy had to keep the sun off of me.

August 4, 2007: Fore!
Mommy and daddy must have read my previous blog about wanting to move to Naperville because today they took me house hunting there. We saw some nice big houses with very big backyards. A couple of them were even on a golf course. I don't play golf yet and neither does daddy but we both want to learn. In the evening, we went to Damian and Liz's house for their birthday barbeque. It was the first time I met all of mommy's and daddy's friends from that group. Daddy had a good time playing bean bag toss even though he lost money betting on the game.

August 3, 2007: First Date
Today our neighbor Nicki tried to fix me up with her friend's newborn daughter Eva. She brought Eva over to meet me. Eva is two months old, so she's almost twice my age! What were they thinking? I wasn't sure how to behave around a girl, so I played it cool and slept through the entire thing. I never even saw her. I guess that's what you call a real blind date.

August 1, 2007: Location, Location, Location
Today was my first day at work. I went along on real estate showings with mommy. Daddy came too, so he could stay with me. We drove way out to Carpentersville with Iwona and Lukasz. The houses they saw weren't that nice, so mommy has to keep working to find them a nice place. On the way back, we stopped at McDonalds and all the adults had ice cream sundaes. I had milk (not McDonald's milk).

July 29, 2007: Over the River and Through the Woods
Today we went to grandma and grandpa Stanley's house. It was my first time there. Grandma set up a hammock with lots of stuffed animals for me to lie with. My favorite was Homer Simpson because he looks a little like me. Grandpa grilled some food and everyone ate. Daddy said the steak was very good – even without A-1 steak sauce. Grandma didn't eat much, but she almost never does. After eating we went on a long walk and I got to see some new places around their neighborhood. There was even a golf course. I hear that there's an amusement park called Kiddieland nearby, but we didn't walk that far. I know that when I'm a little older, they'll take me there.

July 28, 2007: Large Deep Dish Deluxe and a Peroni
Mommy and daddy and I drove to Naperville to exchange mommy's ottoman. Then, we drove to downtown Naperville and spent a few hours in the park along the riverwalk. I saw lots of other babies and also some animals including ducks, geese and chipmunks. I might like to live here someday. I hear the schools are very good. Mommy and daddy got hungry so we went to Lou Malnati's for dinner. It was my first time in a restaurant and I was on my best behavior (sleeping).

July 26, 2007: Happy One Month to Me
I turned 1 month old today. Mommy said that she doesn't know where the time has gone. I have been growing and developing so quickly. Grandma and grandpa Stanley brought me a cake from Oak Mill Bakery. I hear they make the best pastries. Before we ate the cake, we went for a walk. Mommy dressed me in my Chicago Police polo shirt that I got from uncle Paul. While on the walk, we came upon a concert in the park. I listened and danced and then slept a little. When we got home, grandpa Andy came over and we the cake. Daddy helped me blow out the candle and I made a wish, but I can't tell you what it is or it won't come true.

July 20, 2007: Emergency
Today was a little scary. After mommy finished feeding me, I started to choke on the milk and couldn't burp or spit it up. Mommy said I began to lose consciousness and she quickly called 9-1-1. Luckily grandpa Andy was with us and he tried to make me better. When the ambulance came, I was already OK because grandpa helped me spit up the milk. There was an ambulance, a fire truck and two police cars that blocked off the street. The paramedics checked me out and let me stay at home. Mommy has been really frightened since all this happened. When daddy got home from work, she felt a little better and said that he needs to stay with us to make sure we're both OK.

July 19, 2007: There's an "I" in Infection, but No Infection in Eye
Mommy and grandpa Andy took me to see the doctor to get my eye checked out. I was getting a little discharge and she was worried that I might be developing an infection. The doctor said that my tear ducts were still developing and that mommy could help by massaging my tear ducts. So far, this has been helping.

Big Ketchup
After the doctor, we went shopping. This was my first shopping trip. We went to Sam's Club. Wow what a big place! It was so much fun. I got to ride in a shopping cart. Everything was so big, but the prices were so low. We bought groceries and a few other things. Yes, "uncle" Eric, we bought big ketchup too.

July 18, 2007: Queer Foot for the Straight Baby
My toenails were getting long, so mommy gave me my first pedicure today. I was a little bit scared of her wielding a sharp tool around me, but she was extra careful and managed not to cut any of my toes off.

July 16, 2007: Sixteen Inches
Mommy and daddy are trying to get me used to a routine, so after daddy got home from work and ate dinner, we went for a walk. We stopped by one of the softball fields in North Park and watched a game of 16-inch softball. My first sporting event.

July 12, 2007: The Waiting Room
In the morning, I went with mommy and grandpa Andy to mommy's checkup appointment. I was very good all the way there. When we arrived, they had trouble getting my car seat released from the car and had to call daddy at work for advice. When, we got to the clinic, I learned all about waiting rooms and why they are named waiting rooms. When mommy finally went in to see the midwives, I stayed out with grandpa. By this time, I was hungry and started to demand a feeding. Mommy had to come out to feed me and had to cut her appointment short.

The Drive-In
In the evening, mommy and daddy took me for a walk. We went along the usual route, but this time we saw a crowd gathering in North Park. They were showing an outdoor movie. It was my first drive-in movie. Yes, "drive-in" because I was in my stroller. They were showing Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I slept while mommy and daddy watched.

July 9, 2007:
Mommy and uncle Paul took me to see Dr. Minkus agains because she and daddy were worried that I was breathing a little funny. Dr. Minkus checked me and said that I was doing great and that nothing was wrong. He said that I gained 11 more ounces since I saw him last week and now weigh 9 pounds and 1-1/2 ounces. I'm doing really well. It was raining hard on the way back home. I think this is the first time I've seen rain. When we got home, mommy had to do work things so I tried to stay quiet and give her some time to herself. I'm glad daddy rushed back from work because I really wanted to see him again.

July 8, 2007:
Daddy goes back to work tomorrow. He has done a good job to make sure that mommy is able to take care of me all by herself. He taught her how to change my diapers and burp me after eating. She didn't need any help with the feeding part. I'll miss him all day. I might not be able to write here every day since daddy has been helping me and now he'll be more busy.

July 7, 2007:
Today was the first time I was without mommy. She had to go to work for a couple hours so I stayed at home with daddy. He did a good job taking care of me but I was scared about what would happen if I got hungry. He had a bottle of mommy's milk ready but I never tried drinking from a bottle before and don't know if I'm good at it. Luckily, I made it without getting hungry until just before mommy got home. I wanted to be carried while he was trying to do other things, so he carried me around the house in my BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier. I felt safe and comfortable until I changed my mind and wanted to lie down.

July 6, 2007:
I spent another Friday night at home. I can't wait until I'm old enough to walk and do fun things and eat good food. I like mommy's milk, but today it gave me a tummy ache. I kept her busy changing lots of diapers. She was trying to work with some of her real estate clients, but managed to take care of me too. She's a great mommy.

July 5, 2007:
I'm ten days old now. Today, my umbilical cord stump fell off. It didn't hurt at all because mommy and daddy have been taking good care of it and cleaning it every day. I really like it at home, but I feel even better when I get to go out for a walk. We went for a longer walk in my stroller today and I stayed quiet (slept) the whole time. When I get cranky, mommy and daddy have figured out that my cradle swing and vibrating Baby Papasan Infant Seat work like magic to calm me down.

July 4, 2007:
Today was my first fourth of July, but I'm still a little young to enjoy the fireworks. The loud noises didn't bother me at all. The best part of the day was that mommy and daddy and grandma and grandpa took me on my first walk. I got to ride in my great Mutsy 4rider stroller -- what a smooth ride. We went around the neighborhood and to the park. I got to see the new swimming pool and waterslides. Just as we got back home, our neighbors -- Nick and Nicki -- were outside and I got to meet them.

July 3, 2007:
I slept for ten hours last night, letting mommy and daddy rest. They tried to wake me in the middle of the night to feed me and check my diaper, but I slept through it all. Today was another day at home. I got the hiccups a few times but mommy knows of the perfect remedy and was able to cure me quickly. The grandpas came by to see me in the evening.

July 2, 2007:
Today I had my '1 week wellness' appointment with Dr. Minkus. I did not like the long car ride to Skokie and cried the whole way there. I would have cried less, but daddy missed the exit and the trip was longer than it was supposed to be. At only 6 days old, the doctor said I was in perfect health and he was very impressed that I have already exceeded my birth weight. This is very rare because all babies loose weight after they are born and normally take 2 to 3 weeks to get back to their birth weight. The doctor said mommy is a real champ and has enough milk for three babies!

July 1, 2007:
I had more visitors today. My grandparents came by to see me and brought dinner for mommy and daddy. Later, Margo and Pierre (mommy's and daddy's friends from Wisconsin) stopped by to meet me. I got a new puppet and a pair of cute little socks.

June 30, 2007:
My first full day at home was fun. I got to try out some of my baby gadgets like the Baby Papasan Cradle Swing and my two baby mobiles. Daddy played Baby Einstein CDs with music and lullabies for me throughout the day.

June 29, 2007:
We waited a long time for my doctor to come check me and let us go home. She had to take care of some other babies first. When we left the hospital, I got to go outside and went for my first car ride. When we got home, there were balloons and a big Welcome Home sign waiting for me. The nursery mommy and daddy prepared is beautiful and very comfy. I know I'm going to love it here.

June 28, 2007:
I spent another day at the hospital with mommy and daddy. I've been practicing breast feeding and am getting pretty good at it. Daddy said that I'm getting good at filling my diapers too. Mommy was doing much better today and the doctors said she could even go home if she wanted to. Mommy and daddy decided to stay one more night to make sure I was still doing well, but I think they're just getting spoiled by the great nurses and doctors here.

June 27, 2007:
I spent today in the hospital with mommy and daddy. The doctors and nurses came in to make sure I was doing OK and that Mommy was recovering well. They said I was very cute and very healthy. Grandma and grandpas came to visit again. I also met Eric and Sara, mommy's and daddy's friends. Eric was a little shy around me.

June 26, 2007:
I've finally arrived. Mommy and daddy and grandma and grandpas have been waiting for so long. I'm so happy to finally see everyone. Mommy worked so hard to help me come out. Daddy helped her a lot too. Later in the day, grandma and grandpas and uncle Paul and cousin Daniel came to visit me.